Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Gwenny's Lamp

I finished this a few weeks ago but am finally uploading it now. I got the idea from a lamp at Pottery Barn Kids. I ended up using 11 dozen roses on it and insane amounts of hot glue. I got the lamp base at Target. She loves it and it looks really elegant and grownup in her room. Hopefully she'll like it for years to come. She has already managed to knock it off her dresser and it has survived intact, so I guess the construction is reasonably sturdy. :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I want to make one too!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Cheryl! 11 dozen roses? Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'd recommend the smallest lamp shade you can find if you make one - it took forever and the lamp shade ended up so much bigger after all the roses were on.

    ReplyDelete