Thursday, January 14, 2010

Candy Apples

Gwenny has been begging me to make candy apples all winter. She got the idea from a MAx and Ruby episode. I don't even like candy apples, but they seemed easy enough once I read the recipe. I followed the directions precisely, getting the candy up to a whopping 300 degrees F and consequently these babies are hard enough to break your teeth. They did look pretty though! Rich was the only one who was able to eat it straight off the stick. The rest of us had to cut through the apple (which shattered the candy of course) and eat in in pieces. If we ever make these again, perhaps we'll take the candy off the heat at 250 F.

Clean up was another fun matter. I thougth I was going to have to toss the pot but after soaking it in hot water and then boiling the hot water and stuck candy in the pot Richard was able to dump it out clean in the empty lot next door. We were too scared to pour it down the drain.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment